16915L - Jet-Lube NCS-30 Oilfield 5 gal Metal Pail Lined
- Availability: In Stock
- Product Sku: 16915L
Oilfield Nonmetallic Thread Compound - NSF H2
NCS-30® is a premium quality, nonmetallic compound containing carbon based fibers and additives, and other natural extreme pressure and anti-wear additives. These are blended into Jet-Lube's high temp calcium complex base grease. This base grease offers the additional advantage of superior adhesion to wet steel surfaces, resistance to water wash-off, and most drilling muds. It's especially effective for invert or high-pH muds.
NCS-30 is formulated to prevent excessive circumferential makeup by increasing the coefficient of friction under compressive forces. As stress levels rise above 50% of yield, the friction factor increases, limiting downhole makeup. Full hydraulic joint efficiency is maintained allowing joint shoulder faces to mate completely without standoff or deformation. NCS-30, with frictional properties similar to KOPR-KOTE®, has been designed to utilize the makeup charts in API RP7G multiplied by its 1.15 friction factor on API connections.
Designed for optimum performance on all rotary-shouldered connections such as Tool Joints and Drill Collars. It can also be used on premium/proprietary thread designs such as Double-Shouldered, Wedge Thread™*, and other types of mechanical seal designs. It may also be used on certain non-interference tubing thread designs when properly torque compensated.
Note: For a “Yellow”-rated product, use NCS-30® ECF™.
- Non-conductive for MWD drilling applications
- Excellent performance on high-chrome or nickel alloys
- Resistance to high pH drilling fluids / muds
- Contains no metals
- High frictional properties ideal for casing drilling applications
- Provides maximum protection on Wedge Thread™* drill string connection designs
- Extreme-pressure additives provide additional protection against seizing and galling
- Base Materials: Calcium Complex / Petroleum
- Friction / Nut-Factor: 1.15 drill strings (Relative to API RP 7G)
- Certifications: Environmental Rating: UK CEFAS Group E, NSF H2 Registered, Conforms to the API RP7G torque charts
- Service Rating: Oilfield/Mining/Construction Drilling / -20°F to 500°F (-29°C to 260°C), Industrial Anti-Seize Application / -65°F to 2600°F (-54°C to 1427°C)